[PD] Unsolicited comments

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Feb 7 08:20:22 CET 2004

Hallo,
KEYES CHRISTOPHER JAY hat gesagt: // KEYES CHRISTOPHER JAY wrote:

> I'm new to PD, am using 0.37 on a Dell 1.6 Ghz PM running XP (Pro)
> and I am constantly opening patches to find 3-6 Comment boxes (with
> the word 'comment' in it) suddenly appearing in randome places on
> the patch. I delete them, save the patch (or 'save as'), open it
> again, and there they are...  tenatious little beasts. Does anyone
> know how to get rid of these?

You are not deleting the comments, but you are changing the content of
the "comment" comments to be empty (""). Pd warns about this, by
filling them with "comment" again after a reload.

You need to actually delete the comments. That is done by not
selecting the text inside but by selecting the comment objects. It
will be blue afterwards if you do it right. Then delete it.

Or look for empty comments with a text editor:
real comment =>  #X text 119 153 RealComment;
empty =>         #X text 99 115;

ciao