[PD] Unsolicited comments

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Feb 7 10:03:33 CET 2004

Zitiere KEYES CHRISTOPHER JAY <CKEYES at hkbu.edu.hk>:

> I'm new to PD, am using 0.37 on a Dell 1.6 Ghz PM running XP (Pro) and I
> am constantly opening patches
> to find 3-6 Comment boxes (with the word 'comment'
> in it) suddenly appearing in randome places on the patch. I delete them,
> save the patch
> (or 'save as'), open it again, and there they are...
> tenatious little beasts. Does anyone know how to get
> rid of these?

you shouldn't delete the text of the comments but rather the whole text-object.

good: select the "comment" so it turns blue but without getting a cursor to
edit the text. delete the whole thing at once, either with Ctrl-X or backspace.

bad: click on the "comment" until you get a cursor so you could edit the text
and delete it

btw. this is a feature (just to get it right)

mfg.a.ser
IOhannes