[PD] Joystick/gamepad in Mac OS X?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Feb 7 18:05:24 CET 2004

It would be great if you could make the MacOS X object compatible with
either J. Sarlo's [joystick] for Windows/Linux, or my [linuxjoystick],
which I intend to implement on all three platforms (though I would
probably call it [rawjoystick].

.hc

On Saturday, Feb 7, 2004, at 11:55 America/New_York, William Grissom
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, I think I am going to go the HID route. I'll put
> the code on my webspace and email the group when I have it done, if
> you would be
> interested.
> Will
>
> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> I've done some work on writing these, but nothing is in a useable
>> form.
>>   A joystick object using libSDL wouldn't be too hard, but its
>> somewhat
>> limited.  Apple's HID API looks quite nice, so that should be too hard
>> either.  But its always a matter of finding the time to do it, esp.
>> when I already have this working on Linux....
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Wednesday, Feb 4, 2004, at 11:42 America/New_York, William Grissom
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> Has anybody done any work on getting a USB joystick or gamepad
>>> working
>>> with Pd in Mac OS X?
>>> Thanks
>>> William Grissom
>>> wgrissom at umich.edu

>> __
>> ____
>>
>> "If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
>> exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an
>> idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps
>> it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into
>> the
>> possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
>> it."
>>
>>                                                                -
>> Thomas
>> Jefferson

____

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.
								-David Zicarelli