[PD] outlet~ / s~/r~ delay

Claudius Maximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 02:27:51 CET 2004

In message <004101c3ee75$00855bf0$1700a8c0 at sme>, marius schebella
<marius.schebella at chello.at> writes
>From: "Tim Blechmann"

>> hi all,

>> does the outlet~ of an abstraction delay the sound for one dsp block

>> (like nop~)? and is a pair of s~/r~ delaying the sound for one or two

>> blocks?

>> thnx...

>no all abstractions in a dsp-chain are calculated within one dsp-block.

>but with send~ and receive~ it is important that you create the send~ before

>the receive, otherwise it is delayed by one dsp-block.

>marius.

I guess the same restriction (should create out->nonlocal before
nonlocal->in for non-delayed signal) applies to delwrite~ delread~ and
throw~ catch~ :

2.4.5. nonlocal signal connections
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Pd_documentation/x2.htm#s4.5

ClaudiusMaximus