[PD] IEM GUI blank "label" message causes weirdness

David NG McCallum d at mentalfloss.ca
Tue Feb 10 11:49:14 CET 2004

All,

If you send a "label" message to an IEM GUI without an argument it
doesn't replace the label field in the patch file with "empty" (like it
does if you manually clear the label in the GUI properties), but just a
blank.

This causes all manner of weirdness by shifting all the GUI's arguments
over by one.

I've seen this with the radio buttons and the sliders, I assume it's the
same for the rest of them.

See the attached patch, open radiomain.pd and follow the instructions.

Cheers,
David

ps. Of course a "label empty" message behaves properly, but I don't
think the blank "label" message ought to behave this way.
--
.
. David McCallum