[PD] PDA PD + GPS

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Wed Feb 11 19:11:08 CET 2004

Hi,
YES! This is exactly the focus on some workshops I've been involved with. We haven't
actually sent gps data to a pd patch but we have a system that is fully capable of doing
this. The Waage in Amsterdam has made a device that consists of a handheld with GPS
and GPRS for sending live GPS data to a server that can be pulled out via a Perl script and
sent wherever. A group I'm involved with here in Iceland is hosting an international
workshop this summer where we're going to be playing around with this stuff. When the
time comes, maybe you should apply.

see http://locative.x-i.net/

Pall Thayer