[PD] Re: [PD-announce] usb iobox comming - testers needed !

Cyrille Henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Tue Feb 10 13:14:48 CET 2004

hello christian,

>0.) a cimputer with usb and hid drivers (that means: if your comp can use a
>mouse/keyboard/joystick... on usb)

ok

>1.) a programmer that is cappable of burning the microchip pic 16c765
>microcontroller

ok, but I don't have a uv errazer : does a compatible chip exist in
Flash memory?

>2.) of course one if that microcontrollers, hard to get in germany, sorry.
>be sure to get the -jw version, which is uv-erasable. otp-chips are a waste at
>the current state of my development.... remember, its just a test
>firmware....

ok

>3.) the current test-firmware from http://mamalala.de/iobox-test.zip

ok

>4.) a small prototype board, a usb-b connector, a cable from usb-b to usb-a
>(to you computer) and led's (with 1k resistors), buttons and faders as
>needed. take look at the microcontrollers datasheet
>(http://www.microchip.com/1010/pline/picmicro/category/perictrl/14kbytes/devices/16c765/index.htm)
>we need a 6 mhz xtal, portb is used to display led's, portd is used for 8
>buttons, an0-an7 as analogue inputs plus the two pwm outputs on rc1 and
>rc2...

ok

>5.) pd or jmax with a event-device object (on jmax i made ev_dev, i think h.c.
>steiner has made a similar object for pd on linux)

hum, I don't know.
I use pd / windows .
does a such object exist?

I don't have much time and dont really know how to write hid object for
pd (could learn : I already write object for pd, but don't have lot's of
time).

So, I think I a pd for windows exist, I could make a try. otherwise, I
think I'll not have time.

>after burning and assembling, the thing does the following :
>on connecting to the computer, it enumarates to the host as hid device.
>it sets up 64 led outputs, 64 single key inputs, 88 adc inputs, 64 dac outputs
>and a 3-byte in-/output. the adc out's are declared (by the device) as
>absolute events, the buttons and led's as what they are, respectively.
>the dac is accessed as led, just with a 16 bit value range instead of the
>usual 1-bit on/off state .... the 3-byte in/out is done as one 3-byte wide
>button and a 3-byte wide led.

ok, really nice for a single low cost chip...

nice work.
please tell me if I can help you.
(restriction are : no uv errazer, and not lot's of time, I'm on windows
(and a bit of linux) )...

cyrille henry