[PD] webcam on OSX

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 17:39:06 CET 2004

On Feb 13, 2004, at 11:12 AM, Sam Roig wrote:

> Thanks. Knowing that it's possible I gave it another try with
> pix_video, but had no better luck. I am also using the webcam driver
> from http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/. Does anyone else on the list
> know which object gives access to the webcam? Do I need to provide in
> some way (a message to the object) the driver to be used?

...which webcam are you using?  Is it firewire or usb?  I have had no
problems using an iBot, which is a firewire camera...also no problems
with any other firewire video input devices (ie. dazzle)...you may want
to try [pix_videoDarwin], but that should be the same as [pix_video]
(due to object inheritance)...

...as far as set up and drivers and such, it's all handled
automagically by quicktime, so don't worry about that...

l8r,
jamie