[PD] pd won't open complex patches

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Sun Feb 15 12:58:58 CET 2004

Hi,

thanks a lot Frank. Leaving away the -rt flag makes it work as does
the second change you suggest (see below).

I only wonder whether it is better to use pd-0.36 without this change,
or pd-0.37 with the change or whether there are means to change the
patch in a way that it works without any changes in the sources of
pd-0.37.

--
Orm

Am 15. Februar 2004, 11:38 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Frank Barknecht:

> I suppose you're normally using Jack, because I remember, that you
> have the HDSP.

That's correct.

> Remove this as in:
>
> 	} else { /* PD could not keep up ! */
> 	     // don't call log_error in jack process:
> 		 // if (jack_started) sys_log_error(ERR_RESYNC);

That doesn't help.

>     p2 = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_FIFO);
>     // p3 = (higher ? p2 - 1 : p2 - 3);
> 	p3 = (higher ? p1 + 3 : p1 + 1);

That helps. With that change, I can start up the patch with the -rt
flag.