[PD] pd won't open complex patches

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Feb 15 13:20:02 CET 2004

Hallo,
Orm Finnendahl hat gesagt: // Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> I only wonder whether it is better to use pd-0.36 without this change,
> or pd-0.37 with the change or whether there are means to change the
> patch in a way that it works without any changes in the sources of
> pd-0.37.

Well, that's a matter of taste ;)

I'm sure, these changes will find their way into the next release
anyways. But there are some changes in the private API of Pd which
some externals nevertheless use. For example, my knob externals
doesn't work with Pd-0.37 yet. Still I do prefer 0.37 now, especially
with Jack, where after doing the two changes, 0.37 works much better
here than ever before. I always had problems with graphics intensive
patches and Jack, and while they aren't gone (they are planned to go
away with 0.38) they don't lead to a Jack crash or Pd hang anymore,
they just produce some clicks.

ciao