[PD] pd+makeup

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 16 08:07:55 CET 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I'm not sure about the graphics, though, and not just, because I don't
> like drop or standout shadows. If it is just for the eye candy factor,
> than I wouldn't care much. It also might make patches even less
> portable than they are now, for example in regard to different font
> size rendering on Windows and Linux.

Could you please elaborate on portability issues? because I don't see
them. The bevels I added are inside the boxes; I didn't change the size of
the boxes, except accidentally, and I would reverify everything before
actually submitting a diff.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Oh, I missed the Ruby and Tcl consoles until now. That's very cool.
> Could you do Python as well? ;)

Well, I didn't add the Tcl one in PureData, but in GridFlow. It can be
moved very easily from gridflow/bridge/puredata.rb to pd/src/u_main.tk, by
simple copy+paste.

However the Ruby one cannot be moved, as it depends very much on
GridFlow. If you want a Python one then that should be added to Pyext, and
likewise for Scheme and such.