[PD] [gem-basicQ.] rotate around a arbitrary coordinate

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 16 16:14:44 CET 2004

hi

noskule wrote:
> hi list
> with rotate i can rotate a object around the center of the object . . . .but
> how do it rotate it around a arbitary point . ..
how about [translate] ?

something like

[translateXYZ 2 0 0]

[rotateXYZ]

[translateXYZ -2 0 0]

should move the pivot-point of the rotation by -2/0/0

> . .ore is there a
> possability to "group" objects

well, since gem uses hierarchic render-graphs, "grouping" should be as
easy as splitting the graph (don't forget [separator])

> thanxs . .nos

and yes, there is no documentation for [camera] (which is a bit
"anarchistic" for grouping objects in my opinion; but it might well be
the simplest solution)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes