[PD] PD still will not work in linux

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 16 17:59:01 CET 2004

Hallo,
Melissa Corso hat gesagt: // Melissa Corso wrote:

> I started jack with the command jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
> which started jack without a problem. It also allowed PD to start
> without the I/O stuck message. I then used the command qjackctl and
> got the following message: Warning: no locale found:
> /usr/share/locale/qjackctl_en_US.UTF-8.qm which I'm not sure if I
> need to set anything in the jack audio kit window.

If you start Jack by hand using jackstart (which I alsways do) then
you don't necessarily need to qjackctl, except for making and deleting
the Jack routing connections. But the commands "jack_lsp" and
"jack_connect" are okay for routing as well. jack_lsp lists the active
jack ports and "jack_connect source_port destination_port" will do
connections (jack_disconnect undoes them).

> It was suggested I use the oss drivers instead of alsa but the
> system shuts down and says no such driver exists. I don't know how
> to install that.

Don't do that, OSS is dead. You only need ALSA's OSS emulation, but
not for Jack.

ciao