[PD] PDa and PDA audio

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Feb 18 02:39:43 CET 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Marc [iso-8859-1] Lavallée wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 01:10:21AM +0100, derek holzer wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, what I aim to do involves binaural recording,
> > so every little bit of psychoacoustic audio info is important!
>
> So you need lossless audio at high quality.
> The samples will be very small...
>
> > Just to be sure: in encoding, how big a block is written to RAM
> > before compressing?
>
> Small enough. That should not be a concern on recent PDAs.

That not, but I doubt that any non-trivial encoding solution that is
using integer exists.
There is an ogg/vorbis decoder, called Tremor, which is int based.
dunno if it does encoding too.

Well, don't know. probably flash is fast enough for direct recording
too. To be honest I never really tried.

Guenter