[PD] PDa and PDA audio

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Feb 18 02:59:37 CET 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, derek holzer wrote:
> Hey G,
>
> guenter geiger wrote:
>
> > Well, don't know. probably flash is fast enough for direct recording
> > too. To be honest I never really tried.
>
> Maybe we should ask the folks at Core Audio, who make a
> professional-grade, multichannel, 32 bit sound card for PDAs with Flash
> memory?

Yes, that exactly what I had in mind, when saying that. I remember that
I have written a small recording application once, but I just can't
remember if it was able to record to flash. No way to try now, because
they have stolen my iPaq's from my checked in baggage (hijos de puta),
when flying back from ICMC.

Hope I get a new one soon.

> I think they might say it is fast enough. But I haven't
> dissected their recording app yet to see if it "swaps" between RAM and
> Flash memory.

hmm, maybe there are some tricks, but for the long run it has to work
somehow.

> In short, I think it is probably OK, now that I have thought it through
> a bit...

right,

Guenter