[PD] pd+makeup

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 18 03:59:08 CET 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 10:22:13PM -0500, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> > isn't max/jmax look&feel copyrighted in any way?
> Does IRCAM have some sort of patent on it's 3D look, like Apple for it's
> trash can? Like jMax itself, it's probably copylefted, but it's unclear if
> there could be legal issues with importing specific graphical features
> from a GPL software (jMax) to a BSD software (PD).

Actually, an update, it seems it's not GPL anymore, it's now LGPL.
Possibly since version 4.x, not sure... I think it's since jMax/fts became
embeddable in other software, as libfts.so ... (btw, can Pd do this?)

Anyhow, I got permission (by email) to use the icons, from François
Déchelle, lead developer of jMax.