[PD] [gem] pix_filmNEW troubles on win

leo {depart} oel at depart.at
Wed Feb 18 06:10:12 CET 2004

hello!

i've just tried gem-bin0.888pre on winxp (with pd 0.36-0). unfortunately i
have problems with pix_film and my movie files now (worked fine with
gem0.87+cvs)
whenever i try to load one of my movies (avi, indeo4/5.1, 512x512px) my pd
crashes. when i turn rendering off, before i load the movie file, i get a a
decent "pix_filmNEW: loaded... " message. if i turn rendering on then, it
crashes.
- the homer.avi works fine !!, so i guess it could be a codec issue ( has
the indeo support been cut? )
- further it won't accept my relative paths ("unable to find...") that i
used so far in my patches...

any ideas?
thanks a lot!

leo