[PD] list2symbol???zexy

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Wed Feb 18 20:17:21 CET 2004

did you follow the instructions in zexy's readme?

the zexy external

general::
the zexy external is a collection of externals for miller.s.puckette's
realtime-computermusic-environment called "puredata" (or abbreviated "pd")
this zexy external will be of no use, if you don't have a running
version of pd on your system.
check out for http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd to learn more about pd and how to
get it

note: the zexy external is published under the Gnu General Public
License that is included (GnuGPL.txt). some parts of the code are taken
directly from the pd source-code, they, of course, fall under the
license pd is published under.

installation::
linux :
change to directory source
adapt the makefile to match your system (where is pd installed ?)
"make clean"
"make"
"make install"
this will install the zexy external into <mypdpath>/pd/externs
alternatively you can try "make everything"

win32 :
extract the zexy-0_x.zip to your pd-path (this file should be located at
<mypdpath>/pd/zexy/)
execute the "z_install.bat", this should copy all necessary files to the
correct places
if you want to compile it for yourself, i don't take any warranties for
the makefile.nt; use the workspace zexy.dsw instead

irix :
though i have physical access to both SGI's O2s and indys,  i haven't
tried to compile the zexy externals there for years.
Good luck !

making pd run with the zexy external::
make sure, that pd will be looking at this location (add "-path
<mypath>/pd/externs" either to your .pdrc or each time you execute pd)
make sure, that you somehow load the zexy external (either add "-lib
zexy" (if you advised pd somehow to look at the correct place) or "-lib
<myzexypath>/zexy" to your startup-script (.pdrc or whatever) or load it
via the object "zexy" at runtime

authors::
this software is copyleft by iohannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at>
with some contributions by winfried ritsch, guenter geiger,
miller.s.puckette and maybe some others