[PD] PDa and PDA audio

martin pichlmair pi at attacksyour.net
Wed Feb 18 20:26:38 CET 2004

hi,

> Yes, that exactly what I had in mind, when saying that. I remember that
> I have written a small recording application once, but I just can't
> remember if it was able to record to flash.

as i am right now sitting here and having a linux ipaq w/ flash beside
me and irec/iplay from guenter installed i just tried it. and it works.
i'm having a cheap nearly noname flash card and i'm using the also
cheap and nice pitech dual cf sleeve. the recording was clear and had
no dropouts. ipaq is a compaq h3600 and i recorded 10 seconds.

esd also comes with recording facilities on the ipaq, btw. if someone
needs a working copy of the esd core (without installing all of the gpe
suite), he can just mail me. but alas there are some sample rate
issues, so it works only partly (and since i only use parts of it this
does not matter for me).

we are just having a kind of public beta test of an ipaq based piece
here in oslo. more information at http://randomseed.org/sevenmileboots.
it does not use pd/PDa, though.

so if someone is in oslo, just drop by at the kunstnernes hus.

lg
martin