[PD] 3d matrix in zexy?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 20 05:36:03 CET 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, yasmin ahmad wrote:

> I'vejust started using PD and I would like to know whether there is a
> way to create multi-dimensional arrays within PD. If not should I be
> turning to flext or something else?
> Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Hi. GridFlow introduces a data type called the "grid", which is really
just multidimensional lists. Note that this is more like Pd's lists than
Pd's arrays.

Else you can see a single-dimensional array/list in a multidimensional
way: for example if you want a multidimensional-array of A by B by C, then
position (x,y,z) can be computed as (x*b+y)*c+z into a A*B*C-sized
one-dimensional array.