[PD] list2symbol???zexy

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 20 09:01:49 CET 2004

Josh Steiner wrote:
> ther is no list2symbol.c file, the object is definted in a couple of
> other c files (a search in the src directory tells me z_makesymbol.c
> z_strings.c zexy.c). but l2s really should be built into the .dll... are
> you sure zexy is loading? do you see this in your pd console:

thanks for clearing this a bit:

people constantly keep worrying that the objects won't be there if the
corresponding c-file is not there.

pd does not read c-files. pd loads binary files ("libraries") that
contain objects that have been defined in a programming language (like
c) and have been compiled into the libraries.
there is *no* native correspondance between c-files and pd-objects.
some programmers might choose to create c-files corresponding to
objects. others might choose not to do so.

thank you
(this will probably go into the zexy-documentation)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes