[PD] comport

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 20 19:54:41 CET 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, zozizozu wrote:

> Hi all I'd like send and receive datas on my com port , but i don t
> really understand how do the comport object is working , and what kind
> of signal it can understand . For example can get the data from a
> mouse plugged on the com port ? thanks 3o3

Hi, I attached a driver for the MouseSystems-type mice (such as the Genius
brand, and most brands of 3-button mice). It requires GridFlow, but it
shouldn't be too hard to redo the patch without it.

I don't have a working Microsoft-type mouse (or other type of RS232
serial mouse) so I can't really test other drivers I'd create. However,
specifications for a lot of mouse protocols are available on the internet.