[PD] gui properties cause pd 0.37.1 devel to crash

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 20 19:46:21 CET 2004

> > I'm finding that pd is crashing quite often after entering properties of
> > GUI objects - i'm running:
> >
> > Pd version 0.37.1 devel
> > compiled 13:08:48 Dec 19 2003
> >
> > with jack running realtime and pd not running -rt
> >
> > the DIO errors lights up red and no error messages are output
> >

> > i'm running Linux with a planetccrma lowlatency kernel that i downloaded
> > about 2 weeks ago.
> >
> > any ideas why this is happening??
>
> This bug might be fixed in the CVS version:
>
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous:@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co -r devel_0_37 pd
>
> Another solution is to download Millers latest version and in
> s_audio_jack.c remove line 59:
> if (jack_started) sys_log_error(ERR_RESYNC);

I just updated pd at Planet CCRMA to current cvs, so upgrade and see
what happens... this should also fix the -rt -jack lockup problems
somebody else was experiencing (at least it seemed to work fine in a
brief test under FC1).

-- Fernando