[PD] bigger fontsizes after debian/X11 upgrade

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Feb 21 23:30:58 CET 2004

Hallo,
Orm Finnendahl hat gesagt: // Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> I recently upgraded my packages on my Debian. Also X was upgraded (to
> 4.3.0-2). Since then all fonts in pd are rendered bigger than before
> (the rest of the desktop looks the same). I prefer the smaller
> rendering (especially as now the object boxes of my finished patches
> overlap). Does anybody know, where to configure that? Is it done in
> the X setup or does it have something to do with Tcl/Tk? (I tried to
> set -dpi 100 in my /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc, but that didn't help).

Hm, I guess it has to do with Tk. I also run 4.3.0 on my Laptop, but I
think, it's an older Tk there (will have to check). I don't have the
font problem in Pd. I do have it in some other applications, mainly
Gtk apps, though, but it's the other way around: Everything is
smaller.  I still don't understand Debian's new font system (Defoma)
but found, that it helped, to install as much font-related packages as
possible. Many start with "ttf-" now.

ciao