[PD] quoting hack and toxy

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Mon Feb 23 02:49:54 CET 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:

> Guenter, are people supposed to use the quoting feature, or is it
> purely experimental?  Do you consider the "" way of spelling the
> literal " a permanent design, or is it just a side-effect of the
> current implementation?

I don't know if it's just me, but using devel_0_37, the doublequotes in
objectboxes go completely berserk (disappear and/or get replaced by
backslashes and more fun like that), and it would be difficult for me to
call it a feature. BTW I think it would be a very good thing to discuss
the future of Pd syntax and how to migrate as smoothly as possible to that
destination.

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, guenter geiger wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Krzysztof Czaja wrote:
> > Guenter, are people supposed to use the quoting feature, or is it
> > purely experimental?
> It purely experimental. If it gets in the way of other components I
> will remove it. There is not to much design to it, except the
> basic rule "Change as few lines of code as possible"

May I know what that feature is supposed to do/be?