[PD] pd compilation problem

Ed Kelly loneshark at btopenworld.com
Tue Feb 24 14:37:22 CET 2004

A-ha! I'm guessing you have RedHat 9? But I had the same problem. PD looks
in all locations specified by the $PATH variable for libtk.so.0, however if
you do a

ls libtk* -al

in /usr/lib you will see that the tk libs are named something else -
libtk8.3.so.1 I think!

You can trick PD into finding the lib by making a link, say

ln -s libtk8.3.so.1 libtk.so.0

in /usr/lib. That way, PD finds the link, which points to the lib.

Ed