[PD] comport

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 24 21:18:45 CET 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Marc Lavallée wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:54:41PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > I don't have a working Microsoft-type mouse (or other type of RS232
> > serial mouse) so I can't really test other drivers I'd create. However,
> > specifications for a lot of mouse protocols are available on the internet.
> The Microsoft protocol is parsable only with pd objects

Yeah, all mice protocols are simple enough to be parseable using only Pd
objects. The attachment in the previous mail was a _patch_ btw. It uses
GridFlow for a few things but should be doable in plain Pd using at most
twice the number of objects... I didn't need to write it in Ruby or such,
though I admit that it's always tempting (for me it's easier to write Ruby
code than to do Pd patching, half of the time).

Besides, the protocol for our wireless sensors (for the show in Calgary)
was quite similar to that, and my decoder is actually a jMax patch.