[PD] Red Hat 9 and PD

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Feb 25 09:19:26 CET 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Josh Steiner wrote:
> there are reports the the 2.6.x kernels are significantly (like 40%
> sometimes) faster than the 2.4.x kernels.

I would really like to know when this "sometimes" happens :)
Surely you can not map the kernel performance to pd performance,
if lets say pd spends 1% of its execution time in kernel, 40%
improvement would not make pd noticeable faster.

I have heard that a 2.6 kernel has better realtime behaviour than
an unpatched 2.4 kernel, which may help in some cases to lower
latency.

Guenter