[PD] vst~.dll

florian grassl souterrain at web.de
Thu Feb 26 20:08:24 CET 2004

hi everybody,

i thought i wouldn´t have to bother with this again, since i know it´s been discussed before. but after weeks of research (in the mailinglist archives as well) i´m lost.

i´d like to control vst plugins and vsti instruments from within pd. simple? i can´t get "plugin~", "k_vst" or "vst~" to work on win xp. the most versatile seems to be "vst~" but doesn´t give me a .dll when i try to compile the stuff (from cvs).
the line:
	if ( str.MakeLower().Find( ".dll" ) == -1 )
returns:
     vst~.cpp(181) : error C2228: left of '.Find' must have class/struct/union type

i´m not a programmer= i don´t have a clue what it means.
although the vst external is not to be continued there must be people using it!

please, someone help me and post the vst~.dll somewhere or give me any advice on this.

thanks for caring,
flo