[PD] making symbols from [textfile]-output

Josh Steiner josh at vitriolix.com
Thu Feb 26 22:53:15 CET 2004

textfile outputs lists i believe... if you want to convert simple 1 word
lists into symbols, just run them through a [symbol] object.  if you
want to turn longer strings like "this is a line in my textfile" into a
single symbol with the spaces you can run that though [list2symbol].

dont worry about it, the datatypes stuff in pd is the most confusing and
painful part, confusion exected :)