[PD] plugin~ and jack with pd -rt

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Fri Feb 27 15:30:06 CET 2004

You should definitely identify the verions of apps involved.

pd ? Jack ? plugin~ ?

plugin~ (from CVS) works fine here with a 1 month old devel_0_37 pd
and jack 0.93.6

Couldn't try your example because I don't have those plugs.

Otherwise, it could perhaps be a problem with priorities identified
recently that were related to pd running with -rt and jack.

./MiS

patrick <puredata at 11h11.com> writes:

> hi,
>
> i'm running pd -rt -jack with the plugin~ external:
>
> turning on audio in this patch (in attachment) can (not always) load
> my cpu to 100 percent and then gives lots of watchdog: signaling
> pd... i don't think that the problem is related to this new ladspa
> plugin (caps) cause others, like VyNil, do the same thing.
>
> i've this informaton in my terminal:
> subgraph starting at pure_data_0 timed out (subgraph_wait_fd=11,
> status = 0, state = Triggered)
>
> **** alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1.538 msecs
>
> cannot read event response from client [pure_data_0] (Connection reset
> by peer)
>

> is the plugin~ external fully compatible with pd-0.37.1 and jack?
<snip>

--
	      _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta