[PD] Quest for usb-audio:linux 2.6.3

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Feb 29 21:12:14 CET 2004

Hallo,
thewade hat gesagt: // thewade wrote:

> Firstly I want to thank you all for your help in saving me hours of
> work. Thank you, this list and the people on it are an invaluable
> resource, a really good community of people.
>
> I am running fedora core 2 test 1 and I just built and installed the
> newest kernel 2.6.3
>
> #-------tail -f /var/log/messages-------#
> Feb 29 12:01:01 transport kernel: usb 1-1.4: new full speed USB device using address 12
> Feb 29 12:01:01 transport kernel: drivers/usb/core/config.c: invalid alternate setting 3 for interface 1
> Feb 29 12:01:01 transport kernel: usb 1-1.4: can\'t read configurations, error -22
> Feb 29 12:01:01 transport kernel: usb 1-1.4: new full speed USB device using address 13
> Feb 29 12:01:01 transport kernel: drivers/usb/core/config.c: invalid alternate setting 3 for interface 1
> Feb 29 12:01:01 transport kernel: usb 1-1.4: can\'t read configurations, error -22
>
> How do I get the duo to work?

No way at all with kernel 2.6. I'm sorry to say this. It is a known
"feature" of some M-Audio USB devices (Audiophile USB, Quattro, and
obviously Duo), that they violate the USB specification. They don't
work on kernel 2.6, which requires compliance.  There currently isn't,
and probably, until M-Audio fixes this, never will be support  on 2.6
for this device.

If your device has this symbol printed on it or on the box:

http://www.usb.org/images/headermain/original.gif

then you might want to contact the USB-IF (http://www.usb.org/) and
tell them about the violation and misuse of the USB logo. But my
Quattro doesn't have this symbol, so the USB-IF cannot do anything
about this. M-Audio obviously didn't do official USB compliance tests
with the Quattro...

ciao