[PD] Quest for usb-audio:linux 2.6.3

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Sun Feb 29 22:05:14 CET 2004

thewade - How do I get the duo to work with linux 2.6?

Frank Barknecht - No way at all with kernel 2.6.

Oh, shoot!

Well, what is the ultimate audio device for linux then? Obviously this question has been asked before, but what if I ask what are the manufacturers that consistantly provide solid linux audio hardware? I assume then that midiman 2x2 will not run in 2.6 either, right?

What are the cool usb devices, and what are the cool manufacturers then?
Is there a list of this kind of thing? Alsa said that the duo would work, and it did with 2.4, so I imagine that any list they would have would be unrelyable for 2.6 specifics...

Thanks for the help FB, that saves me a bunch of time!
Means I have to spend more oney though...

thanks,
-thewade