[PD] video-cam input pdp

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Mon Mar 1 15:43:32 CET 2004

On Mar 1, 2004, at 6:28 AM, sara kolster wrote:
> After installing pdp i haven't had the time to actually play with it,
> but this whole week i'll use to get started.
> I want to use a video-camera for live-input, but don't know which
> object to use. I tried pdp_v4l but this object won't create.

> I have a usb webcam [philips ToUcam PRO II ] and a DV-camera [Sony
> TRV900; firewire] and either one of them I would like to use. Could
> anyone give me the first steps to get one of those devices connected
> to pdp?

...sure:  first step would be to port v4l (video 4 linux) to mac
osx...barring that, you could try to write an object for native video
input on osx, perhaps using the already working GEM pix_video object as
a guideline...otherwise, I'd just use gem and pdp together, with the
gem2pdp/pdp2gem bridges...

l8r,
jamie