[PD] load a wav file -> dsp turning off ????

Eric Skogen eskogen at usfamily.net
Thu Mar 4 18:09:31 CET 2004

Here is the abstraction I've been using. It uses [wavinfo] from ext13,
which sometimes reports the wrong results under windows (anyone know
why?). If you're on windows, let me know. I worked up a replacement object.

Using this, dropouts are rare on my machine, and only when the object
has to resize an array to a very large size. This could be avoided by
taking out the resize commands in the abstraction, and instead loading
to giant arrays.

It takes two arguments, left array and right array. If you load a mono
wave, it will detect silence on the right channel and copy the audio
data from the left channel to the right. If you load a stereo wave with
some silence in the right channel, it'll do the same thing, causing
weirdness. Just so you know...

Not a perfect solution, but better than clicks and dropouts :)

Eric