[PD] named symbol

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 4 21:27:13 CET 2004

Hallo,
Jorge Cardoso hat gesagt: // Jorge Cardoso wrote:

> I'm probably missing something obvious but I don't seem to
> find a way of storing a named symbol.
>
> Is there something like a [value] object for symbols?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but if you want to store a
symbol for later use, just send it to the *right* inlet of a [symbol]
object, and later [bang( the left inlet to output the stored symbol.

Or do you mean somthing like the [coll] or [pool] externals, which
allow access of "things" by name or number?

Or maybe you want to use a textfile object?

ciao