[PD] [vcf~] : Q / output level relationship

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Mar 7 14:31:19 CET 2004

> of course, when you raise the Q factor, as the peak narrows, the
> volume decreases
>
> I would like to set up something automatic that tunes automatically
> the output volume of vcf~ in function of Q
i wrote a small abstraction that changes the takes to signals as inputs
and changes the volume of the first signal that it's about the same as
the second signal ...

this seems to be what you are looking for ;-)

(note that it's using an envelope follower that uses a blocksize of
8192, so with a samplerate of 44100 the abstraction won't be able to
react to attacks that are shorter than about 50 ms ... it's also using a
linear adjustment of the factor with a ramp of 200 ms, you might want to
change that if you change the queue very fast)

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,