[PD] one other thing, bout sending info to a message

Pall Thayer palli at pallit.lhi.is
Mon Mar 8 22:27:24 CET 2004

I do this type of thing all the time and here's how I do it:

I just have one netsend/netreceive and the routing is done within the patch
depending on prepended numbers so a message like this 1 50 might be intended
as a volume value and 2 79 might be a note value. In the receiving patch the
received messages first go to a route object like this

route 1 2 3 4

What happens then is it routes the message based on the first value in the
pack and removes that value at the same time so a message 1 50 will be
routed out the first outlet and only the value 50 is passed. Take a look at
routemap.pdf at http://130.208.220.190/panse/res.htm to see what I mean.

Pall Thayer
artist/teacher
Fjolbrautaskolinn vid Armula