[PD] [OT] RME Install Help

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Mar 9 23:31:56 CET 2004

Hello my/our fair list,
how have you been?

I have yet another question for your all-knowing hydra-heads, my sweet list:
Im trying to set up my new RME hammerfall DSP multiface on my dell inspiron 8000 running linux-2.6.3 with alsa software(drivers) 1.3(a);

Question one: I have make install-ed alsa 1.3a drivers, do I have to rebuild my kernel, as alsa is now built into the kernel in 2.6?

Question two: I get this error with pd and the multiface

using non-interleaved audio input
Sample width set to 4 bytes
snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access (output): Invalid argument
using non-interleaved audio
pd: pcm.c:1133: snd_pcm_readi: Assertion `pcm->access == SND_PCM_ACCESS_RW_INTERLEAVED\' failed.
Pd: signal 6

and xmms sees the card (proabably from my .asoundrc file) but wont play through it. Ive run hdsploader and the little red host error light is gone, so whats up?

Thank you for your tender loving, my/our precious list. I hope we get to talk again, as your lush words bring joy to my heart[para] and music to my ears[sic].

-thewade