[PD] PD Knoppix

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Mar 10 12:12:14 CET 2004

Last week I accidentally Googled up a Knoppix-based live CD intended for
Pure Data usage! Recalling the discussion we had a while back about
"executables" and so on, I thought it would be interesting to post it
here. Apologies if the original creator of this disk has already brought
it to your attention:

http://stream.sil.at/pdknoppix/

This disk boots fine on my PC laptop, but I find a few things missing:
Jack, PDP and PiDiP to name a few. Maybe if "eof" would like to get in
touch, the mission could be continued?

Did I mention that, at 202 Mb, you can fit it on a mini-CD? How horribly
cute! ;-)

best,
D.

--