[PD] Gem Win

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 10 14:59:45 CET 2004

timon botez wrote:
> Im looking at possibly using GEM to output different graphics onto 8 or
> 16 monitors. I have found some graphics cards that supports it (windows
> platform), but before I go ahead and purchase Id like to find out if GEM
> has a multiple screen output option. Are there any resources regarding
> this? And has anyone done this in the past?

i have not (yet ;-)) used GEM like this.

gem is not able to access multiple screens by itself.
however, if the "X-Server" is able, to create one virtual "Desktop" out
of 16 screens, then i don't think that there should be any problems.
(just create single big Gem-window that covers all screens)

most probably, you will have no openGL-acceleration on all screens,
which might become a problem, as the resolution will be *huge* and doing
this in software might be too much, even for fast CPUs.

fmg.asd.r
IOhannes