SPOOKY : [PD] Hammerfall : setting up latency for Pd

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Mar 10 15:53:50 CET 2004

Still under WinXP and pd-0.36

Well, I don't understand a lot of things about it :

when I launch pd with the "-audiobuf 3" flag (so the sound card buffer size /
latency should be 128 samples / 3 ms.), I get this message :

nchan 8 flags 3 buffers 0 framesperbuf 256
warning : number of buffers 0 less than recommended minimum 2

no latency, but the sound is completely distored (~ buffer error)

When I add the "-blocksize 128" or "-blocksize 64" flag : ~ same results
("framesperbuf" looks to be controlled by the "-blocksize" flag)

to avoid this, I have to put at least "-audiobuf 15", and I get this message :
nchan 8 flags 3 buffers 4 framesperbuf 256
and too many latency of course

strange : when I don't use "-audiobuf", I get :
nchan 8 flags 3 buffers 8 framesperbuf 256

Is it really the ASIO Hammerfall driver I am using ? how can I be sure ?

Before I switch again to Linux, please tell me which pd command line you use
successfully under WinXP-pro

thanks a lot