[PD] rendezvous/zeroconf and pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Mar 10 16:41:10 CET 2004

I am planning on adding rendezvous functionality to Pd and I am
wondering what the best approach is.

(Rendezvous is the impromptu networking system best known for what
Apple is doing with it on iChat, iTunes, etc.  It  is an outgrowth of
"Zero Configuration" aka Zeroconf.  It is basically a way of
advertising services that your machine offers on a local network
automatically.)

I was originally thinking that it would probably make sense to just
make a separate object for this.  But it might make sense to
incorporate it into [netserver] and [netreceive] since they are the
objects that are actually providing service (in the form of opening the
actual port) which Rendezvous would be advertising .

Thoughts, comments?