[PD] PD Knoppix

type_non type_non at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 16:55:19 CET 2004

I'm very interested in this, and it would be great if someone could do a live Linux distribution of PD with all the Linux goodies.

Being a Windows user, i was always interested to test pidip, pdp and all the Linux specifics, but i never had the time to install and learn Linux,so this cd would be a great, great thing.

derek holzer <derek at x-i.net> wrote:
Can't remember which system they were using. I *do* remember that using
the "configure audio" button in the window-manager menu broke the audio,
however! ;-)

Seeing as PD doesn't "officially" get along with ALSA, I think Jack
would be a good choice anyway. Of course, there is always OSS emulation
under ALSA. I'll take a look tonight and see what it works with. Have
some serious ideas to "remaster" this disc a bit...

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 74: