[PD] 0.37 ALSA [WAS: PD Knoppix]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Mar 11 01:11:51 CET 2004

Hi Frank,

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> But Pd does officially support ALSA as well as Jack.

Then why does the "media" menu of PD 0.37 only show OSS and Jack? And
why must I use OSS emulation to get PD running without Jack? And why do
my compiles fail why I try to use the defunct "--enable-alsa" flag?***

I think the "official" support died after 0.36. Or am I horribly,
terribly, delusionally mistaken?

;-)
d.

*** ok, to be totally honest, I am actually using Gentoo ebuilds, which
fail to compile with the USE="alsa" flag enabled. I know it's not
*exactly* the same thing, but still close...

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 55: