[PD] SoftVNS to GEM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Mar 12 11:14:24 CET 2004

Patrick Lamarre wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I'm looking for a simple way to send a video signal from softVNS to GEM (in
> PureData) running on the same computer without passing by two digitizer...
> i'm looking  for something like a "netsend/netreceive" but witch will be
> abble to handle a video signal.
> Thanks

hi, seems you are out of luck with this
probably, softVNS can behave as a (virtual) capture device which you
could then utilize with pix_video, but i have really no idea

there are plans(!) to implement such a (generic) interface on the
linux-side, e.g. with video loopback devices or similar (ther has been
some discussion of this at the piksel-meeting that i have not attended)

however, while there is at least discussion on doing suchthings
generically under linux, i have no idea how to do it on other platforms.

mfg.as.dr
IOhannes