[PD] midi clock for pd on NT?

Eric Skogen eskogen at usfamily.net
Sat Mar 13 01:58:55 CET 2004

midi clock in and out works for me on pd37.1/winxp

i'm using [midirealtimein] for input and messages to [midiout] for
output clock. i usually slave everything else to pd, however, because
i'm using audio and audio-rate sequences in pd and can afford to have
midi messages only for everything else.

if i really must slave pd to other sources, [midirealtimein] is
connected to a [t3_timer], which is then averaged out to estimate clock.
this is not really accurate at all for the first few bars, and even
after could use some tweaking. also, there may be no advantage in using
[t3_timer], i believe i tried other options and got no real variation.
the max docs have some tips on slaving to clock, but i have done the
brute force approach and used [history] or [average] or something.

hope that helps

eric