[PD] Still with the GEM!

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Mon Mar 15 05:09:54 CET 2004

The latest edition of poor thewade\'s configure problems with cvs gem begins with our hero perched above a large precipious stairong downward into the depths of linker and compiler errors, and the frightening world of packages upon packages...

To re-present, my problem is that gem wont configure because the configure script gets errors (or maybe warnings?) with the GL libraries. Apparently the GL libraries are having some issue with libc_nonshared.a(elf-init.oS) where in function `__libc_csu_init\': there is an undefined reference to `__init_array_start\'

This guy has my wierd problem when he tries to compile emacs:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-03/msg00119.html

And this guy seems to think this is a linker error, or that the x86 version of elf needs to be included in linking...
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-03/msg00123.html

What should our hero do?
Thanks for your help, I promise Ill stop spaming the list with my problem unless I find an answer on my own, at which case Ill tell you

Heres my glibc:
[wade at transport Gnu]$ rpm -q glibc
glibc-2.3.3-14

Thanks for your mercy,