[PD] rendezvous/zeroconf and pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Mar 15 01:34:50 CET 2004

On Wednesday, Mar 10, 2004, at 12:01 America/New_York, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> I was originally thinking that it would probably make sense to just
>> make a separate object for this.  But it might make sense to
>> incorporate it into [netserver] and [netreceive] since they are the
>> objects that are actually providing service (in the form of opening
>> the
>> actual port) which Rendezvous would be advertising .
>
> Thought/comment:
> Generally I'm convinced, that OSC offers much better funcionality than
> netsend/netreceive and has the added plus, that it can speak with
> other applications like Reaktor or so.

That may true, and I have thought a bit about using OSC, but
[netserver] makes handling multiple network connections very easy, so
that's most important to me.  Plus I haven't gotten OSC running on
MacOSX yet, though I can't say I've tried much.