[PD] ok a stupid question

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Mar 16 22:02:30 CET 2004

Also, it sounds like you are coming from a standard programming
background.  Pd works differently, so you don't really think about
variables so much, but rather messages and how they flow.

Here's a quick summary of $ vars:

- In an object box, $ vars represent the creation arguments of that
patch.  (You can see the creation arguments at the top of the patch's
window, next to its filename)

- In a message box, $ var represent the elements of a list that that
message box receives.

But yeah, you should read or reread those docs.

.hc